IACUC 301: “Scenarios” is a full day of IACUC scenarios that address a mix of straight forward to complex situations interspersed with Q&A sessions.
Students will be presented with a variety of scenarios that address topics such as IACUC Membership, Protocol Review, Semiannual Review, Pain & Distress Categories, Records retention, Minority viewpoints, Regulated or Not, and More.
Following an opportunity to “vote” on a correct response or action plan using Audio Response Cards, students will hear from experts representing AAALAC, OLAW and USDA who will present their positions on each scenario. There will also be two formal opportunities to pose questions to the experts during the day.
• Scenarios I – IACUC Membership
• Scenarios II – Protocol Review
• Q&A for Expert Panel – OLAW, USDA and AAALAC
• Scenarios III – Semiannual Review and Pain & Distress Categories
• Scenarios IV – Miscellaneous (Records retention, Minority viewpoints, Regulated or Not, and More)
• Final Q&A for Expert Panel – OLAW, USDA and AALAC